LEEDS-GRENVILLE – With the Christmas holidays here you will find a number of closures and abbreviated hours of operation for various services. Here’s a quick look at what’s affected:
- Post offices will be closed on Friday Dec. 25 for Christmas Day and Monday Dec. 28 in observance of Boxing Day. There will no mail delivery both days.
- Banks and government offices are closed Dec. 25 and 28.
- Retail stores are closed Dec. 25 (under the Retail Business Holidays Act) with the exception of gas stations, small magazine stores and small pharmacies (less than 7,500 square feet).
- LCBO stores will close at 6 p.m. Dec. 24 and will be closed Christmas Day and Boxing Day. LCBO agency stores must close on Christmas Day.
- The Beer Store locations will close at 6 p.m. Dec. 24 and will be closed Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
- Brockville Transit will not be running Dec. 25 and Dec. 26. There will be no evening service on Dec. 24.
- Garbage and recycling collection originally on Friday (Dec. 25) will be moved to Saturday.
- Brockville Public Library is open until noon on Dec. 24 and then closed Dec. 25-26.
- The town hall is closed Dec. 24, Dec. 25 and Dec. 28.
- Garbage and recycling schedules are unaffected by Christmas and Boxing Day
- The town hall and public works offices are closed Dec. 24 and will reopen Jan. 4, 2016 at 8:30 a.m.
- There is no garbage or recycling collection on Christmas Day. Pickup will take place Dec. 24.
- Free public skating is taking place Dec. 27 2-3:30 p.m., Dec. 28 3:30-5 p.m., Dec. 29 2:30-4 p.m. and Dec. 30 2:30-4 p.m. at the arena.
- The village municipal office closes at noon on Dec. 24 and is closed Friday Dec. 25 and Monday Dec. 28. It reopens Tuesday Dec. 29 at 8:30 a.m.
- There will be no solid waste or recycling pickup on Dec. 25 or Dec. 26.
Leeds and the Thousand Islands
- The township office closes at noon Dec. 24 and is closed Friday and Monday, reopening Dec. 29 at 9 a.m.
- The Lansdowne and Lyndhurst landfill sites will be open until noon on Dec. 24.
- The municipal office is closed at noon on Dec. 24. and will reopen Dec. 29 at 8:30 a.m.
- Garbage and recycling will not be picked up Dec. 25 and Dec. 28. Items normally collected on Friday will be added to Dec. 24 collection.
- The Portland Transfer Station will be closed Dec. 26 and will be open for regular hours on Dec. 30.
- The municipal office closes Dec. 24 at noon and will be closed until 8:30 a.m. on Dec. 30.
- The waste transfer site will be open Boxing Day from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m.
Front of Yonge Township
- The township office is closed Dec. 24 and will reopen at 9 a.m. on Dec. 29.
- With the exception of snow removal, the public works department is closed until Jan. 4.
- The waste disposal site is closed Boxing Day and will have extended hours on Dec. 29 from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m.
- The library is closed Dec. 24-26 and will reopen Dec. 29.
- The municipal office closes Dec. 24 at noon and will remain closed Jan. 4.
- The waste disposal site is closed Dec. 25-26.
- Roadside pickup in the Kitley area will take place Dec. 24 instead of Friday (Dec. 25).
- The municipal office is closed Dec. 25 and Monday Dec. 28.
- The landfill will be open Boxing Day (Dec. 26) from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m.
- The township office closes at noon on Dec. 24 and will reopen with normal hours on Jan. 4.
- Landfill sites also close at noon on Dec. 24. They will be closed Christmas Day Friday and Boxing Day Saturday.
- The township office closes at noon on Dec. 24 and will reopen Dec. 29.
- Christmas Day recycling pickup is delayed by one day to Dec. 26.
- The Scott Road transfer station is closed Dec. 26. As well, starting Jan. 1, cash will no longer be accepted at the landfill. You need to have prepaid punch cards from the township office.
- The municipal office is open 8:30 a.m. until noon Dec. 24 and then closed Dec. 25 and Dec. 28.
- The Oxford Mills waste transfer station is closed Dec. 25 and Dec. 26 but will be open Dec. 29 from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m.
- There will be no garbage or recycling pickup on Dec. 25. It will happen a day later.
- The Kemptville and Buritts Rapids library branches are closed Dec. 24-26.
From all of us at Brockville Newswatch, have a Merry Christmas.
Editor’s note: See something we have missed that you would like us to add? Email email@example.com