Woman rescued from Brockville stove fire

BROCKVILLE – A woman was rescued by firefighters Tuesday (Feb. 6) afternoon after an apartment fire on Hubbell Street.

City police say the Brockville Fire Department was on the scene around 5:30 p.m. and forced their way into the apartment.

The unconscious woman, who was woken by firefighters, was taken to Brockville General Hospital to be checked over as a precaution.

Police say she didn’t suffer any injuries.

Food left on the stove has been pinpointed as the cause of the fire, Brockville police said.

Likes(0)Dislikes(0)
Facebook Find Brockville Newswatch on Facebook