KEMPTVILLE – Cornwall and Glengarry County trustee Todd Lalonde has been acclaimed as chairman of the Catholic District School Board of Eastern Ontario.
Lalonde took the new position during the board’s Wednesday meeting (Dec. 6).
“I would like to thank my fellow trustees for the confidence they’ve given me to be their chair for the next year. Being around this table and serving Catholic education is an honour, and I am excited to embark on this journey, supported by the experience and expertise of my fellow trustees. I would also like to congratulate the CDSBEO staff and administration, for the good work they do each day. I also look forward to working with Trustee Reil, who has great experience as an educator and trustee,” Lalonde said.
This is the first term for Lalonde as chairman of the board, which oversees 40 elementary and 10 high schools in the eight eastern Ontario counties. He’s spent 10 years as a trustee.
Lalonde is taking over for Grenville County and Elizabethtown-Kitley Township trustee Brent Laton, who served five consecutive terms.
Lalonde is deeply involved in Catholic education, also serving as regional director for the Ontario Catholic School Trustees’ Association, representing Napanee, Renfrew and Eastern Ontario – a position he was also acclaimed to on May 1, 2015.
Taking Lalonde’s previous position of vice chairman is Robin Reil, trustee for Brockville, Smiths Falls and Leeds County. He’s been a trustee since 2003.
Here’s the entire makeup of the board:
- Ron Eamer – City of Cornwall and Glengarry County
- Nancy Kirby – Lanark County
- Todd Lalonde – City of Cornwall and Glengarry County
- Brent Laton – Grenville County and Elizabethtown-Kitley Township
- Robin Reil, – City of Brockville, Town of Smiths Falls and Leeds County
- Karen McAllister – Dundas and Stormont Counties
- Sue Wilson – Prescott and Russell Counties
- Alexa Meeson – Catholic Student Trustee, 2016-2017