BROCKVILLE – Tourists coming to the City of the 1000 Islands will now have better access to the city’s downtown without having to take their vehicle there.
A new shuttle bus from the Brockville Memorial Center and uptown hotels will bring people downtown every 40 minutes on Saturdays.
The free shuttle started today and will continue every Saturday until the Tall Ships Festival weekend on Sept. 17, 2016.
The service is put together through the Aquatarium, Downtown Brockville Improvement Association and Brockville Tourism. It’s also funded by The Great Waterway.
“We are so excited to offer this great new service,” said Trish Buote, director of development for the Aquatarium. “We feel that it will not only bring people to the downtown Brockville area but will also help ease potential parking concerns with the fast approaching busy tourism season.”
Here’s a list of the shuttle stops and times that go on a 40 minute rotating schedule:
- Brockville Memorial Center – 9 a.m. until 5:40 p.m.
- Holiday Inn Express, Travelodge and Comfort Inn – 9:08 a.m. until 5:48 p.m.
- Days Inn – 9:10 a.m. until 5:50 p.m.
- Brockville Arts Center – 9:15 a.m. until 5:15 p.m.
- Aquatarium – 9:18 a.m. until 5:18 p.m.
- Fulford Museum – 9:23 a.m. until 5:23 p.m.