BGH Foundation golf tourney runs its course; no 2016 event

In this March 21, 2016 photo provided by BDHF, stakeholders pose with a cheque from the proceeds in the most recent Brockville Community Care & Share Golf Tournament. The event won't be back for 2016. (Brockville and District Hospital Foundation via Newswatch Group)

BROCKVILLE – A fundraising golf tournament, supporting the Brockville Cardiovascular Program, has pulled the plug on the event for 2016.

The Brockville and District Hospital Foundation said the event has been very successful over the past five years.

“But as we know, events often have a beginning and an end cycle based on a variety of factors. The BDHF would like to take an opportunity to bid a fond farewell and express sincerest thanks to this dedicated group of volunteers,” said Joan Simon, executive director, in a statement.

The committee was chaired by Adrian Geraghty and partnered with the Brockville Civitan Club, the Brockville Kinsmen Club and the Brockville Lions Service Club.

The Community Care & Share Golf Tournament at the Brockville Highland Golf Club raised just over a quarter million dollars – 80 per cent going to the Brockville Cardiovascular Program and the remaining 20 per cent to the three service clubs.

The event received a community excellence award from the local chamber of commerce last year.

Likes(0)Dislikes(0)
Facebook Find Brockville Newswatch on Facebook